View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012   #104
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sean Payton suspended one year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Payton might get fired. But, not anytime soon. And not this year.

What you are failing to consider is that by Payton and Loomis proclaiming responsibility, they are removing any possible guilt from the owner. As far as Goodell knows, Benson knows nothing. Even if he actually does. Fire Payton and/or Loomis and they might be singing a different tune.
The story as I last heard, and it might be different now, is that Benson heard what was up and told Gregg to cut it out post-haste and Gregg said he would.

It doesn't mean he didn't come to accept it later, though. I don't know if I would believe anyone from the Saints FO at this point.