Thread: Aussie Mock 4.0
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012   #8
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64802 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Aussie Mock 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
We could take Kendell Reyes in the 1st and then Brandon Thompson in the 2nd. That would be a great draft but unfortunately that would drop WR to the 3rd round and it's arguably our biggest need.

I would be ecstatic about this. I don't see us bringing back Antonio for 2013 so we'd have his replacement ready with Reyes. Same with Cody and Thompson. I would love a draft of Reyes (1), Thompson (2), Schwartz (3), and then WR and LB in the 4th.

The real problem with anyone's mock is that 2 months ago we had no serious holes other than WR but now we have holes at WR, NT, OT, OG, OLB, and ILB and unfortunately you can't fill 6 holes in the first 2 rounds so it all depends on priorities.

Definitely agree.

To go along with my previous line of thinking about drafting players this year to fill the shoes of the players most likely to get cut next off season. I took Brandon Mosley-OT from Auburn in the 3rd round because I think there's a strong chance we'll let Rashad Butler-RT walk after this next season as well since he'll also be a FA. I like your Nate Potter pick in the 4th round but I think he's going to need to add some muscle and bulk to play RT. I don't care for the TE pick in the 5th round, the position not the player. Contrary to Kubiak I don't think we need a team made up of TE's. We've got OD (another guy I think stands a strong chance of being gone after this next season) Garret Graham, and Casey and in a worst case scenario we could probably move KW inside to play TE if we had to. I just like using our limited picks elsewhere.

I disagree about the TE part, but I do think we'd be more than fine with OD, Casey, and Graham as long as we pick up a FB. I agree about Butler which is why I'd like to see us grab Schwartz in the 3rd.
^^^

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote