Thread: Aussie Mock 4.0
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012   #4
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Aussie Mock 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
thats actually a good point.
however i just don't see any of the NTs in the mid rounds as starter material just yet. there some really good guys in the first/second like worthy, cox, brockers, poe, thompson and still. but after these guys i think its a bit of a drop off
I agree with you about the drop off after the above listed guys but that's why I took Thompson in my latest mock and dropped OLB to later in the draft. Whoever we take at OLB will have to rotate with Reed, I think it's Reed's position now. I think Thompson or Worthy are perfect for our system and trying to think ahead to the 2013 off season and who the Texans will most likely let walk, I wanted a guy who could get a years worth of rotation in our system with Cody. Along that same line of thinking though, I think the Texans will let Antonio Smith walk after next season as well but they may give Earl Mitchell a shot at that spot. Ideally I'd like to find a way to get some extra 2nd round picks from this draft because that seems to be where the value is this year but I guess we've got to work with what we got. Ideally I'd like to get Kendell Reyes so he could work in the DE rotation with Smith and take over for Antonio after next season but that's just getting greedy.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote