View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012   #10
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TK's It's-Been-A-While-Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Not a fan of the Sanders pick at all. While I like him as a swing tackle and potential future starter, he's a 2nd round prospect at best. Seems like a waste of a 1st to take him.
Somewhat agree, 1st round body with 2nd round talent. I DO believe he would fit our scheme perfectly.

I don't mind anybody saying this is a reach but honestly, pick somebody, anybody at 26. Anybody. Got your pick? Ok.

You probably just reached for a guy. IMO there are about 20 no brainer 1st rounders...and then there are about 50 guys in a wash who you could find a way to rip out of the 1st round or build him up into the 1st round. Seriously, trading back is the way to go, the bottom of the first til about the early/mid 3rd have comparable talent.

Quote:
As for Irvin, not really sure about him. Has great measurables, but his production leaves something to be desired. Also seems to be a headcase. I would consider him a 3rd round prospect, so again this seems like a reach.
He might be there 3rd round, if there was any garauntee for that I would slot him down one but I don't think a guy with his elite athleticism falls that far.
Quote:
I like Givens, but he would not be an immediate upgrade over Walter or Jacoby, which is what I think we're looking for.

I'm not big on Nix, but I don't dislike him. I agree that he's a lot like Brisiel.

Not a Martin fan. Looks a lot like Jacoby. Not an NFL WR, IMO. Seems like more of a KR and then a slot guy. I don't see the point of adding him if you've already taken Givens.
Disagree on Givens, I think he takes over Jones' spot immediately. Martin IS a PR first and foremost but I don't think Walter is going anywhere unless they pick a WR 1st. Like I said, I could stand selecting Jeffery 1st and picking up Mosley instead of Givens but I really think Martin has good spacial ball handling ability and upside yet to be seen as a WR. He didn't play at a small school either...
Quote:
Not a big Menzie fan, but here it's good value. I definitely don't see him as a starting CB. The Casey comparison is good as far as versatility, but I don't see him as a starter. Think he could be a Nickel Safety or something like that.
Safety depth, someone to look at for nickel who is perhaps a bit underrated due to other players on 'Bama's D being bigger names. Somewhat like Glover Quin. Can't underestimate his being an SEC defender either.
Quote:
Good pick with Meatoga. Looks like he could be a solid rotational player in the league.
I think he's fairly comparable to Mike Martin for much less of a price.
Quote:
Can't hate on the 7th round pick especially since we need ILB depth.

All in all, there's some good players here. But as a whole I would not be a fan of this draft. A couple of reaches at the top kind of ruin it. Kind of a "what could have been" scenario.
ILB is NOT very deep this year!

Thanks for the comments man!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote