View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012   #15
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts: Trade Down and/or Acquisition of '13 1st Rounder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
As Doppelganger states, compensatory picks cannot be dealt. But, the Texans should have as many as 4 compensatory picks in 2013, 11 picks in all. That's a lot of picks and I would doubt all of these playes make the Texans roster.

Which is why I would favor using some of their regular 2013 picks to move up in the draft. Not necessarily in the first, but just to secure a player they really covet at some point in the draft. The Texans have 8 picks in this draft, and I would hate to see them spend any on a trade up.

I can count as many as 14 roster spots that will need to be filled in 2012. I would even consider trading some of next years picks (like a 2013 4th for a 2012 5th) just to get additional picks this year.
At the moment, we should be getting comp picks for Mario, Briesel, and possibly Dreesen (None for Winston since he was cut and none for Meco becuase he was traded.). But, it also depends on who the Texans sign as well. At the moment the Texans are -3 on FAs. If they sign a couple of vets, it is possible they may only get a single comp pick.

My philosophy is you never know what your comp picks could be or who may be there. If you see someone who can help your team, and the price is reasonable, I say go get him.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote