View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012   #8
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TK's It's-Been-A-While-Mock

Not a fan of the Sanders pick at all. While I like him as a swing tackle and potential future starter, he's a 2nd round prospect at best. Seems like a waste of a 1st to take him.

As for Irvin, not really sure about him. Has great measurables, but his production leaves something to be desired. Also seems to be a headcase. I would consider him a 3rd round prospect, so again this seems like a reach.

I like Givens, but he would not be an immediate upgrade over Walter or Jacoby, which is what I think we're looking for.

I'm not big on Nix, but I don't dislike him. I agree that he's a lot like Brisiel.

Not a Martin fan. Looks a lot like Jacoby. Not an NFL WR, IMO. Seems like more of a KR and then a slot guy. I don't see the point of adding him if you've already taken Givens.

Not a big Menzie fan, but here it's good value. I definitely don't see him as a starting CB. The Casey comparison is good as far as versatility, but I don't see him as a starter. Think he could be a Nickel Safety or something like that.

Good pick with Meatoga. Looks like he could be a solid rotational player in the league.

Can't hate on the 7th round pick especially since we need ILB depth.

All in all, there's some good players here. But as a whole I would not be a fan of this draft. A couple of reaches at the top kind of ruin it. Kind of a "what could have been" scenario.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is online now   Reply With Quote