View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts: Trade Down and/or Acquisition of '13 1st Rounder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Compensatory picks cannot be traded.
As Doppelganger states, compensatory picks cannot be dealt. But, the Texans should have as many as 4 compensatory picks in 2013, 11 picks in all. That's a lot of picks and I would doubt all of these playes make the Texans roster.

Which is why I would favor using some of their regular 2013 picks to move up in the draft. Not necessarily in the first, but just to secure a player they really covet at some point in the draft. The Texans have 8 picks in this draft, and I would hate to see them spend any on a trade up.

I can count as many as 14 roster spots that will need to be filled in 2012. I would even consider trading some of next years picks (like a 2013 4th for a 2012 5th) just to get additional picks this year.