Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Re: Thoughts: Trade Down and/or Acquisition of '13 1st Rounder?
Originally Posted by Doppelganger
Compensatory picks cannot be traded.
When constructing trade scenarios, first imagine what teams would want to trade up and who may they target.
Here are some potential 2nd round trade downs:
1. Minnesota. They need a CB. Maybe they jump up for Stephon Gilmore?
2. Carolina. They also need a CB. Maybe they jump up for Gilmore.
3. Miami desperately needs a rush linebacker or WR. Options here.
4. St. Louis need O line to protect Bradofrd. Maybe jump up for Adams, Glenn, Zeitler. etc.
5. KC needs interior OL. Maybe Konz, Glenn, Zeitler, Osemele, etc.
With any of these moves, here are some potential trades:
1. Minnesota gets 26, Texans get 2nd round+ 4th round+ a 3rd next year.
2. Carolina gets 26, Texans get 2nd round + 4th rounder + 3rd next year
3. Miami gets 26, Texans get 2nd rounder +3rd rounder
4. St. Louis gets 26, Texans get 2nd rounder(33) +4th and 5th next year
5. KC gets 26, Texans get 2nd round, 3rd round, and 5th this this year or 4th next year.
I'd not do 1&2. Prob would do 3; definitely would do #4 and #5 but want the 5th not 2013 4th.
Buy my 2012 fully loaded Nissan Maxima Sports Edition for balance owed! Very low mileage.