View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012   #6
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts: Trade Down and/or Acquisition of '13 1st Rounder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I would not be opposed to trading up for a player but not sure who that would be and what would have to be given up. I see more chance of a trade down but expect Texan to stay pat as of now. I would not trade down hoping for a first next year unless we get a high selection now as part of deal & depending on team. For example I prob would not trade our #26 to NE for a second this drft and a first next as I want impact players now.

A trade I have mentioned is #26 to Cleveland for second and third this year.
Texans have traded down in the first round twice.
In 2005 they swapped spots with the Saints and picked everyone's favorite DT: Travis Johnson! Talk about a stinker of a first round selelction.

In 2008 the Texans traded down with the Ravens and took Duane Brown. I'd say that one worked pretty well.

I don't think they have ever traded up in the first. Could this be the year? Maybe not. They are in a salary crunch and I am not sure they want to add the $ guarantee contract a higher first rounder would cost. I think they stay put.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote