View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012   #84
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tebow to the Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Why all the Tebow hate? Just because he's not ashamed to admit he's a Christian? The media is a brutal, ugly business IMHO, and most of the negative attitudes stem from them. What exactly has the boy done to cause such nastiness. He's a QB in the NFL who wants a chance to prove he can succeed. He's not the only player who kneels and says a prayer of thanks to God above!! I just don't understand why so many fans detest him.
I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or sincere with the first part. But as far as hating the I do not. I don't hate his religion or his beliefs. I think he's decent person and from what I've seen he's a good man.

What I am sick of is the media coverage he gets for being a decent person and good man and a good christian, not for being a good QB which he cleary isn't. The hype is not his fault and I understand that. The media will jump on anyhting that gets ratings.

What I don't understant is why so many fans adore him for the person but can't see past his obvious flaws as a QB. And it is assumed that anyone who doesn't have a shrine to St. Tebow dislikes him for his religious beliefs.