Originally Posted by Wolf6151
I haven't done a new mock in a long time and thought that it was past time. I think this mock is for the most part realistic and solves many of our teams issues.
1. Stephen Hill-WR from Georgia Tech, tall, fast, athletic, and runs good routes, and has potential to be a star #1 WR one day. Self explantory pick, yall know who he is.
2. Brandon Thompson-DT/NT from Clemson, great size, quickness, athleticism/agility, and strength for the position. He's fast enough to split the gap and pressure the QB and strong enough to hold up to double teams and plays the run very well. I think he rotates with Cody for a year to learn the Texans system and NFL and then the Texans allow Cody to walk after next season when he becomes a FA.
3. Brandon Mosley-OT from Auburn, former TE (Kubiak should love this) great size, speed, and agility for the position, and plays the run well but has hand placement issues in pass protection that are easy to fix. Plays behind Butler at RT for a year to learn the Texans system and the NFL and then takes Butlers spot at RT in 2013 when the Texans allow Butler to walk after becoming a FA. I am not impressed by Newton, he's to slow and has short arms, should be moved to OG IMO. I'd actually prefer Massie or Schwartz but I think both are gone by this pick.
4. Audie Cole-ILB from NC State, I love this guys size for the ILB position. He's got very good college production and can play OLB as well. For a long time I've thought of Cole as a 3rd round prospect but he was a little slow at the Combine so he might fall a little. This one might take a little luck but our first pick in the 4th round is early. I'm not comfortable with Sharpton at ILB at all, Cole takes Demeco's spot.
4. A.J. Jenkins-WR from Illinois, 4.39 speed for all you field stretching fans, athletic and smooth with good hands, and a very productive college career. He should be great in the slot and makes Jacoby expendable.
5. Kyle Wilber-OLB from Wake Forest, he's got good size for the position and college productivity but a little slow on speed. Special teams and depth behind Reed.
6. Brandon Bolden-RB from Ole Miss, good size, speed and hands but had a disappointing senior season due to injuries but a good junior season, for this reason I think he falls and we get a RB to take Wards place on the roster. He also has good hands and catches the ball well in the passing game.
7. Sean Cattouse-SS from Cal, good size, a little slow, but average college production. This is a terrible Safety class as a whole but I think he plays special teams and is depth behind Quin, making Barber and Keo expendable.
Well let's hear it. Opinions?
Nice mock. I like the positions taken, but there are some picks that I would have changed. That said, if the draft went down this way I would be a happy fan.
1) Hill... a lot of talent, great size, but has a limited sample size (47 catches, right?). If he pans out, a fantastic talent. I happen to think his bust potential is pretty high though, so I would prefer to grab another position here and grab one of the numerous round 3/4 prospects.
2) Will Thompson be available? If so, nice pick.
3) Again, nice pick. Wont complain there.
4) I am not a Jenkins fan, as I have written in Doppel's thread. I think he is a stat compiler, and not a difference maker. I think a guy like Wylie would be much better here, a pure slot guy with excellent return ability.
4) Yep, realized I switched your 4s. Cole is a good player, and fills a need. Good pick.
5) I like going pass rusher, but I dont know a lot about Wilber. I know bah just took him for the Texans in our draft, so since the both of you like the guy for the Texans, I am going to do some more research. I prefer to address OLB a bit earlier, but still a nice pick.
6) I like Bolden. Provided Tate stays, I would like to see Ward walk. Bolden sows good explosiveness and wiggle, and could be a gem in our offense.
7) If we are going to go safety (I dont think we will- We have two entrenched, young starters, and the backups are not terrible), I would prefer to get one that can be a backup to both positions. I dont see a lot of range with this guy.