View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012   #67
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sean Payton suspended one year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
wow...I don't know if I have ever heard of a year suspension for a head coach.

Flip side: They still have a Lombardi trophy, though. I could live with it if I was a Saints fan.

Not that I'm condoning what occurred by any means...just sayin', that championship trophy is what the game is all about.

This league is bi-polar. I've got DVDs sold by the NFL that celebrate big, brutal hits, most of which would be considered illegal today. I've seen recent documentaries on NFLN about Al Davis ("If you ain't cheating, you aren't trying") and the 'roided up Steelers teams of the '70's.

It's an interesting paradox to see a league celebrate it's brutal past as they try to transform themselves into something nice and softer.

Don't mind me...just a cynic sittin' in the corner plopping out brain droppings without a filter right now...train of thought stuff...
They should have stripped it from them too ....

Funny we hear that this bounty thing is unprecedented .... How quickly we forget that Buddy Ryan did this same thing when he was here in Houston , I recall players speaking openly of it at the time .... particularly a special teams player. (remember the army helmet?).
Then again with Ryan in Philly some years later ....

I think every one of them involved , both players and coaches. should be banned from the league for life. Intentionally attempting to injure another player is just going .... too far.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote