View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012   #52
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sean Payton suspended one year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Goodell said himself that Payton lied to him and that Payton knew about it and that it included injury to players...what more do you want?
See, I never heard that. I thought Williams came clean but Payton knew of it but not of what was directly involved. My issue is how are they drawing the line of who "knew" of trying to injure vs hit hard to make a play. I understand the message when injuring but a large group of ex players already said that their teams just had side bets like this with interceptions, hard hits, etc. I just think this is a very slippery slope. Goodell just shouldn't put it under the umbrella of safety when he has shown he can't think straight on safety....i.e. 18 game season.