View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012   #43
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sean Payton suspended one year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
This is what I was wondering about...

Honestly, I haven't paid much attention to this bounty gate stuff...

Were they paying players to actively seek to injure other players? Or were they paying for big hits that let to injuries? Or were they just paying for big hits in general?
This is where it gets tricky. As I said many players said their teams had the same thing, it just wasn't called a bounty. If you knocked a guy out with a great hit or not, you got some of the pool. If Gregg Williams knew of injury pool, then fine him but if Payton knew secondhand of a pool but it wasn't with intent to injure, then I think this is B.S.

Jimmy Johnson on Twitter

Quote:
Jimmy Johnson ‏ @JimmyJohnson I'm shocked how severe the penalty is vs the Saints and Sean Payton. I don't agree with it...like a 8 million dollar fine vs HC..wrong!