View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012   #39
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sean Payton suspended one year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I think this is B.S.

If it was proven that Payton "ordered" to hurt people...not hit hard, I can see it. But their "bounty" system was the same as a large amount of teams in the NFL. Guys like Darren Woodson and others said they had pots for big hits and plays...that they wanted to hit a guy hard in the rules of the game and knock him out of the game.

In Roger Goodalls world it goes like this..."Suspend him for a year because of player safety....how about that 18 game season." A joke.
This is what I was wondering about...

Honestly, I haven't paid much attention to this bounty gate stuff...

Were they paying players to actively seek to injure other players? Or were they paying for big hits that let to injuries? Or were they just paying for big hits in general?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote