View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012   #37
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sean Payton suspended one year.

A couple of things.

1) I think the reason that the penalty was so harsh was because the Saints got caught, were told to stop, and kept doing it. That's the bigger picture here. It's not like they were just discovered having instituted a bounty program. After an investigation, they were confronted and were told to discontinue doing this. Instead of discontinuing it, they not only kept doing it, but they ramped it up into a formal, organized program and process.

2) This is a reminder that we, as Texans fans, if we ever get to a solid, winning streak where we are truly a elite franchise, should keep it classy when we root for our team. Yes, we should be happy and root for our Texans and be proud, but, there's a line. Saints fans have taken their team's success WAAAY to far, and are some of the most arrogant fans I have ever seen: in your face, chanting who dis, dat and the other, CONSTANTLY talking about Hurricane Katrina (and then, the BP Oil Spill), yammering about how their city is the only city in the world with any kind of culture, slamming other cities for no reason, taunting other teams for not taking Drew Brees (ok, I might give them that one, but still...), harping about their supposedly-great defense, and on and on and so on and so forth.

Enough already.

I used to like the Saints, because I thought their "story" was interesting, and it was nice to see a new NFL Powerhouse emerge to challenge New England, but, now, I really don't care about the Saints either way.Their fans have turned me against them.

This penalty was more than justified.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote