View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012   #26
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105596 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sean Payton suspended one year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
ain't the same league as in the 70's. I think it is one thing to have the players have a little pool but when you have management directing your guys to hurt someone, you are totally, totally, totally crossing the line. Your Son plays football...why do you think that this is ok or is it ok that if your son ever played in the NFL you would be ok with team management schemeing to break his leg or put him out of the game with a concussion? Is that what you are saying? You think this game is too soft a game because its not ok to intentionally hurt someone?
Outside of being scared of law suits, I still think its a crock to believe the NFL gives one **** about player safety.

Offense = Ratings

Defensive players still get ear-holed and cut blocked while the rules make it easier every year to score more points.

Spygate helped a major market team score more points. Therefore it was good for the NFL and Belicheat got a slap on the wrist.

Bounty Gate could have/did hurt players, but they were offensive guys. Plus, NO is a small market, so Goodell can put the whoop ass stick to them and not lose ratings.

Would the penalties be this bad if it was NE, Dallas, NYG, NYJ, etc?

Just my tin foil hat moment of the day. I'm starting to sound like Dex
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote