View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012   #14
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79098 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sean Payton suspended one year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
wow...I don't know if I have ever heard of a year suspension for a head coach.

Flip side: They still have a Lombardi trophy, though. I could live with it if I was a Saints fan.
Not that I'm condoning what occurred by any means...just sayin', that championship trophy is what the game is all about.

This league is bi-polar. I've got DVDs sold by the NFL that celebrate big, brutal hits, most of which would be considered illegal today. I've seen recent documentaries on NFLN about Al Davis ("If you ain't cheating, you aren't trying") and the 'roided up Steelers teams of the '70's.

It's an interesting paradox to see a league celebrate it's brutal past as they try to transform themselves into something nice and softer.

Don't mind me...just a cynic sittin' in the corner plopping out brain droppings without a filter right now...train of thought stuff...
No matter what the records say, Reggie still has the big trophy, and USC are National Champ. Vacating anything is a joke.

Glad to see Roger protecting Fantasy Football... I mean the players' safety.

How many games did Belicheat miss again?
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote