View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012   #16
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock: Late March Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
why would the Texans select a Center with their first round pick after re-signing Myers? really makes no sense to me other than Konz is a fine baller

Agree with rmartin65 & badboy on Lewis in 2nd or Shea McClellin if not there.

Jenkins has a very slight build, like Jacoby could get thrown around like him too. I would like to get a stronger more physical WR. Quick or a Marvin Jones would be good.

I've softened my stance on having to select a big wide body NG. Really whatever Wade feels brings the best skill set to me. I would replace Konz with a DT like Brockers, Cox or Still. Not big bodies but physical, explosive & disruptive.

Henry represents good value here @ FS, certainly in the rotation with current roster players. Winston Guy might me another name to throw in the hat?

I really like Roy, this late in the draft he would be a steal.

Excellent idea with your OL combo pick I was thinking the same thing but in the 4th rd. with Colorado Ryan Miller who's actual height is 6'4 5/8" 34 1/2" arms good for a tackle, two inches longer than Eric Winston as matter of fact. Bigger hands too, maybe that explains somewhat why the Texans choose to let Eric become a free agent, the fact his measureables displayed on game tape revel he had difficulty controlling the edges because despite having a big torso the parts used to hold off defenders (reach & grasp) where inadequate.

you also forgot a kicker, otherwise very good effort
1. Excellent question. Konz is a center prospect with a much higher ceiling than Myers. He has the potential to be a multiyear probowler. Myers has had 1 good year. Signing Myers provides stability at the Center spot and allows Konz to get his feet wet in the NFL at OG an easier position than Center. After a year, the Texans can cut Myers(saving cap room) and promote Konz to Center. I actually think it would be a great strategy

2. Great minds must think alike because I had McClellin as my backup pick for Lewis!

3. I need to take another look at Jenkins. I saw a quick speedy receiver, but perhaps he is not the right fit for Htown.

4. To me NJB is the hybrid the fans and Wade want. Fans want a wider body and Wade wants a penetrator (that sounds dirty). NJB is the big boy who gets into the back.

5. WInston Guy is another great name. Its hard to make picks where there are so many quality players!!!

6. Yep. I like Roy as well. I really think he will surprise a lot of people.

7. I forgot about Miller. The knock against him is he plays for the University of Colorado, not CSU, and CSU boys don't get along with the Buffalo's!!! All kidding aside, he's a great prospect and I am embarrassed I forgot him. I must be slipping!!!

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see the Texans grab an UDFA kicker kinda like the way they grabbed a punter last year.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote