View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012   #12
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock: Late March Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I dig it, nice work.

1) I really like Konz, and have absolutely no problem with the pick. All-pro caliber player at both OC and OG, upgrades both positions and provides insurance. I know quite a few guys here claim that Konz actually projects better at guard than at center, and I am in the midst of forming my own opinion on that matter. Great pick.

2) BOOOM! I have been mocking this since the middle of the season. Lewis is a great athlete, a great football player, a great pass rusher. I have recently questioned whether or not to go OLB this early, but I still love this pick. 2/2 thus far.

3) Love the position, not so much the player. I have been able to watch a lot of B10 games these past 4 years (OSU student), and this guy never, ever stood out to me. His stats and measurables are impressive, but what I saw when watching games did not match it. I would much rather have Toon if available, or any one of McNutt, Broyles, Hilton and Wylie. I would not hate the pick, I would just be skeptical.

4) Good spot to take Fangupo here. Big body with great athleticism. I dont know if he is a day 1 starter, but he will see time in the rotation immediately. Nice pick.

5) Henry is a baller; I dig it.

6) I think Roy is a 4-3 DT, not a 3-4 DE. I dont think he has the quickness not the agility needed to control the edge. I (again) like the position, but instead, humbly suggest grabbing a tackle here and Ryan van Bergen in the 7th.

7) No thanks. If the draft has broken down this way, I definitely want to go OT. We need to find another OT to fit the system. I dont think this is the guy. This late, what do you think about Markus Zusevics, a solid 4th-5th round talent who falls due to injury.

All in all, really nice mock. Just a couple little things that I disagree with.
1. Thanks! I really believe Konz can be a force at either spot and can be useful now.

2. Big fan of Lewis. He just comes across as the guy Wade would love to have.

3. Let me go back and rethink. I havent seen a ton of footage on him, just highlights.

4. Problem I have with Fangupo is his age. He is currently 26 and would be a 27 year old rookie. He did not exactly dominate competition. I would be concerned as to whether he has maxed his potential at this point.

5. BIG fan of Henry. I think he is the real deal.

6. Disagree. I think Roy could be a very serviceable 3-4 DE depth player. van Bergen is a great prospect though.

7. 7th rounders are hard to project. Markus Zusevics is a risk since he came off injury, but worth a pick in the 7th round.

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote