View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012   #33
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Compensatory picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Of course, the Texans would need to have a net 3 loss to be awarded these picks.

Mario (3rd) - absolutely
Brisiel (5th) - I think this is correct, seeing that the Vikings received a 5th after losing Matt Birk (whose contract averaged $ 4 million/year) to the Ravens.
Jason Allen (6/7th) - Haven't seen what Allen signed for. I think he will need to sign a contract that averages more than $2 million/year to get the pick in the 6th round.
I was thinking of Wade Smith as a comparison. He netted the Chiefs a 6th, but he signed for 4 years 12 million. Brisiel got 4 years 20 million, so I figure he ought to be worth about a 5th depending on playtime. Possibly a 4th, but I doubt it.

I haven't seen Allen's numbers yet, but I'm guessing it will be 2 mill a year. That could be 6/7th depending on playtimie. I also expect us to sign some scrapheap FAs, so we probably will cancel him out anyways.