View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012   #30
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Compensatory picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
So far the Texans are 3-0 in the comp pick running.

Players Lost (my estimate):
Mario (3rd)
Brisiel (5th)
Jason Allen (6/7th)

All three should qualify for picks. It would be nice to have lots of picks next year, because we will likely lose a lot of depth due to being up against the cap after re-signing Duane Brown, Schaub and Barwin.
Of course, the Texans would need to have a net 3 loss to be awarded these picks.

Mario (3rd) - absolutely
Brisiel (5th) - I think this is correct, seeing that the Vikings received a 5th after losing Matt Birk (whose contract averaged $ 4 million/year) to the Ravens.
Jason Allen (6/7th) - Haven't seen what Allen signed for. I think he will need to sign a contract that averages more than $2 million/year to get the pick in the 6th round.