View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012   #27
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Compensatory picks

My question is, can you receive a pick higher than the 3rd round?

If so, then I'm going to be rooting for Mario to get 20 sacks (0 against us) next year & that he plays in every game.

As for the issue of losing the 3rd or higher pick by signing an equal number of FA's, the team has to decide if the player they're pursuing in free agency is better than any player they could find at that point in the draft.

For example, would you value these players higher than a late 3rd round pick if they were in the draft this year?

Peyton Manning (QB)
Michael Bush (RB)
Brandon Lloyd (WR)
David Hawthorne (MLB/OLB)
Laron Landry (SS)
Reggie Nelson (FS)
Demetrius Bell (OT)
Marcus McNeil (OT)

I know there are age & health concerns with some of these players, but if they fill a need & can help you win now, would they be worth a late 3rd round pick?

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote