View Single Post
Old 08-08-2004   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Different Roger Carr.

I don't know why but when I watch David Carr I see a little bit of Bert Jones. It wasn't a compliment or a criticism. It's kind of the way I see Carr today and on the upside it's the type of QB I can see him becoming. A good QB, but definitely a notch or two below the best.

Jones wasn't on track to be a HOF'er in my book although he had three or four very good years before the injury problems (his back, right?). From what I recall, he also had that same playoff problem that Warren Moon had (inability to win in the playoffs) and if I recall correctly that was largely due to the Steelers and Raiders factor in the mid 70's.
Talk about flashbacks wow Bert Jones, good comparison except I think that David Carr is far more athletic, better wheels & overall stronger.
OK well they both know about being sacked David Carr holds the NFL season record for the most sacks and Bert Jones is no slouch either- October 26
1980 -- Baltimore quarterback Bert Jones is sacked a record 12 times in a 17-10 loss to St. Louis. Houston quarterback Warren Moon would equal the mark on Sept. 29, 1985 at Dallas.

Last edited by beerlover; 08-08-2004 at 10:48 PM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote