View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012   #26
MidtownMikey
Rookie

Rep Power: 2082 MidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Compensatory picks

Another thing to consider is when the free-agent is signed. From my understanding, signings after June 1st do not qualify unless their previous team made them a qualifying offer (at least a 10% raise over previous salary). It would not surprise me then if to guarantee the comp picks and also to first try to fill in the draft that signings of depth from other teams occurs after June 1st. The Texans also tend to like to look at waivers of other teams during training camp.

I would like to see us sign Rackers before the draft though. If they don't, that might be a signal they truly do want to draft the A&M kicker in a late round.
MidtownMikey is offline   Reply With Quote