View Single Post
Old 08-08-2004   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Different Roger Carr.

I don't know why but when I watch David Carr I see a little bit of Bert Jones. It wasn't a compliment or a criticism. It's kind of the way I see Carr today and on the upside it's the type of QB I can see him becoming. A good QB, but definitely a notch or two below the best.

Jones wasn't on track to be a HOF'er in my book although he had three or four very good years before the injury problems (his back, right?). From what I recall, he also had that same playoff problem that Warren Moon had (inability to win in the playoffs) and if I recall correctly that was largely due to the Steelers and Raiders factor in the mid 70's.

Last edited by aj.; 08-08-2004 at 09:30 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote