View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012   #9
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston 2nd Round #58 Selection Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
For me, it's down to these 3 guys. I'm leaning towards the OLBs, but I just don't know which one is better for Wade's system. Lewis was a standout special teams player at OU, which helps his case, and he has a non-stop motor. I really like his pass rushing abilities and I think he could challenge for Brooks Reed's starting spot.

I like Brandon Thompson, but I'm not sure how good he would be in the 3-4. I had him rated higher due to me having the Browns 4-3 in mind. He would be great depth at DT for that team. I figure he could be a DE or NT in Wade's 3-4.

Ronnell Lewis OLB 6'2" 245 Oklahoma

Brandon Thompson DT 6'2" 311 Clemson

Shea McLellin OLB 6'3 260 Boise State

Tough call.
Mario isn't gone yet and I think the Texans are working hard to re-sign him so I don't see the need at OLB yet. Also Cody will be hitting FA after next year so it would be nice to have replacement all ready to go. Picking Thompson also frees up the Texans to move Earl Mitchell to depth at DE, a more natural position for him.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote