View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Clipper Darrell and The Legal Issues of Super Fandom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I think that smart brands cannot have enough fans, i.e. vested individuals, supporting their team. Authentic supporters of a brand can do more to provide positive advertising than if they bought ads.

Unless a fan is being particularly in their face about using the team commercially, I think they will generally be ok about things.

The future of brand and team fandom in the Web 2.0 world is engagement and identity. They want fans to see themselves as Teamname Guy.
I 100% agree - but I mean, let's say I host an event, with a player, making $ for me and the player, hosted by 'Bullpen Ryan' or 'Texans Ryan.' I know folks like that an am surprised, not that I think about it, that they have not gotten nasty letters from their respective teams.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote