Thread: Stephen Hill
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012   #168
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Stephen Hill

NFLDraftScout.com
Stephen Hill caught 12 of 12 passes, running routes crisply and apparently answering questions about his route running. This from NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock, who was on hand: "I think he's just kind of overwhelming from a height-weight-speed-upside perspective. I think he runs too well and catches too well to get out of the first round, in my opinion."

NFLDraftScout.com

Wide receiver Stephen Hill wanted to leave a specific impression with the NFL coaches who flocked to Georgia Tech's pro day. "I just want to show them, because those are the guys who will be drafting me, that I can do great things other than just running deep routes," said the 6-4, 215-pounder, one of the stars of the NFL Combine, where he posted an unofficial 4.36 time in the 40-yard dash. Mission accomplished. With two head coaches -- Atlanta's Mike Smith and Lovie Smith of the Bears -- and most NFL teams in attendance, Hill did his part to continue nudging his draft stock upward. Running a variety of short and intermediate routes, Hill got in and out of his breaks fast and caught all 12 passes, including a fingertip-grab off the turf, form quarterback Eric Ward in Tuesday's workout. Vikings wide receiver coach George Stewart ran the receiver drills and ordered Hill through the route tree.

Matt Barrows, The Sacramento Bee

There were 31 teams on hand to watch ascending wide receiver Stephen Hill run routes and catch passes today at Georgia Tech's pro day. The one absence, according to two people who attended? The San Francisco 49ers. Hill is the receiver who turned heads a couple of weeks ago at the scouting combine where, at 6-4, 215 pounds, he ran his 40-yard dash in less than 4.4 seconds and then looked fluid in his pass-catching drills. He understandingly opted to rest on his combine numbers today - which is perhaps why the 49ers didn't attend - and instead ran routes and caught passes. NFL Network's Mike Mayock reported that Hill caught 28 of the 33 balls that went his way. Don't be fooled by the 49ers' absence. He was one of the players they interviewed at the scouting combine, and they appear to be in a good position to take him in the draft.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote