View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012   #397
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I agree completely. Barron is the wrong type of Safety for the Texans. He's a old school SS that plays the run well in the box but is very limited in pass coverage. The NFL as a whole is slowly getting away from this type of Safety due to the modern pass happy offenses. He's Bernard Pollard vol. 2. Barron would be a terrible pick for the Texans. No reason to take a bench warmer in the 1st round.
I'd like to hear how yall have come to the conclusion that Barron is lacking in pass coverage.

I say that he isn't the type to man-up on slot receivers, but at Alabama he manned up against slot receivers and backs ALL the time. He did it pretty successfully, and the only reason I say he may struggle with it in the NFL is a lack of elite speed and hip flexion. All indications, however, show that he has been able to do it. I have seen nothing in Barron's game that would suggest that he is limited or poor in pass coverage. The kid made plays on the ball playing centerfield, shallow zones, and in man coverage on receivers/backs.

To suggest that he is a dinosaur of a safety would suggest that he doesn't have much value period, much less in the first round. That's not what I am seeing from every single website that evaluates him.

Whoever gets that guy is going to have a very well rounded player for years to come. Looks like he will not be able to work out at his Pro Day today, along with Richardson, due to the injury.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote