View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012   #387
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Barron is strictly an in the box safety, which we don't use, and is being phased out league wide because everyone is passing, passing, passing.

Putting Barron deep, is asking to get beat deep.
I don't see Barron as that type of player. I think he could be an every down safety that could be a game changer for years to come. He won't be the guy to man up against slot receivers, but he plays zone well and breaks on the football well when matched up with even or favorable match-ups. He is a solid run defender. 3 time All-SEC player coached by a great defensive backs coach in Nick Saban.

Barron is very good on short throws, much like Quin. When you can limit short throws to smaller gains, you take away alot of what teams do. He has 12 interceptions on his career and has proven to have an eye for the ball, so I don't know where this stigma of a one-trick pony comes from. Sure he isn't going to man up on receivers like an Ed Reed, but he is still a versatile player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Agree. Many teams are starting to employ a dual FS type look with one true FS and one CB/FS type guy (think Manning & Quin). Really the only teams still utilizing true SS types are the smashmouth teams like Pitt, Baltimore, and SF.
You mean the #1, #3, and #4 defenses from last year?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote