View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012   #385
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
We're talking about two gifted athletes, so I get going either way. Both were standouts in college and did well at the combine. However, Hill stands out to me as a pretty damn good prospect. He ran a 4.36, his cone drill was like a 6.8 and vertical almost 40". He's an inch taller than Randle, about .2 seconds dater in the 40, jumps 9 inches higher. That's a pretty big advantage if you ask me. Hill's also a team player that excelled at his roll on a team that was based solely on the running game. The dude's almost a can't miss prospect and we have the chance to pick him up at the back end of the 1st round.

To me, Hill's a no brainer.
Well, here is where my draft philosophy differs from most. Pretty much everything you just mentioned there is about the combine. I don't put much stock into workouts in shorts and drills against air. I actually watch a lot of film and highlights for a guy who isn't getting paid, and that's what I judge my evaluations on. In football games, Randle is far and away the better player, period.

Before the combine, EVERYBODY had Randle rated higher. Then suddenly Hill goes from a late 2nd rounder to a 1st rounder? Not for me. I respect Hill and I think he is a hell of an athlete. But this guy is in for some major adjustments to the pro game.

To each their own, but I prefer Randle.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote