View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012   #376
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104914 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Hill has greater potential and better measurables than Randle. Big mistake by the Texans to pass him up for a player that is more "ready" for the job. Similar to taking KJ because he was also "ready" for the job.
I'm not ready to call KJ a great pick yet but I think he compares very favorably to Devin McCourty, Kyle Wilson, and Patrick Robinson (the guys who were drafted right behind him). KJ was thrown into the fire on one of the worst defenses in history. His growth between seasons one and two was pretty substantial. If he improves again this off season I wouldn't hesitate to say that most fans would see the pick as a success.

That really has nothing to do with this pick though. Apples to oranges.

I think Randle is a better player right now, and I think he will turn out to be the better player. Hill is considered to have better potential because he has better measurable, but I disagree. Hill is the better athlete, but I see Randle ending up as the better football player.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote