Thread: Stephen Hill
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012   #152
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Stephen Hill

4th Qtr

(2nd and 15) Harris, J. pass incomplete to Streeter, T..

QB threw the ball away due to pressure.
Can't see clearly how Streeter ran the streak route on the right side line, but it looked like he had a decent-to-good stem.

(1st and 10) GEORGIA TECH drive start at 13:55.
(1st and 10) Days, S. pass incomplete to Hill, S. (Williams, M.).

Can't see how Hill ran the sreak route either.
LCB was in phase with Hill and had inside position.
QB's throw was a little short and to the inside, the CB was able to tip the ball away.

I don't undertand the reason behind Tech having their wide-outs lining up between the numbers and the side line'; sometimes much closer to the side line than the numbers like this instance - Hill was about 3 yards from the side line.

Can't see the stem, but it looked like Hill needed to give the QB a little more room on the sideline if possible. It wasn't too bad as he still had some 2-3 yards to work with, but it doesn't help the QB greatly.

If Hill didn't have a good stem here, I can see the criticsim for "poor" route running, but like I said, the camera cut off the middle portion of the route, it was impossible to tell how he ran the route.

I don't think any of the critics had the coaches' tapes so they couldn't have seen these type of routes either, unless they were at the game in person.

(2nd and 10) Days, S. pass complete to Melton, T. for 14 yards to the GT28, 1ST DOWN GT (Telemaque, V.).

Hill was double-teamed at the start of the route with the LCB playing way off the LOS while the safety came up to play underneath, guarding the passing lane.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote