Thread: Stephen Hill
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012   #148
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Stephen Hill

2nd qtr

(1st and 10) GEORGIA TECH drive start at 14:57.
(1st and 10) Hill, S. rush for 24 yards to the GT44, 1ST DOWN GT (Minnifield,C).

On the reverse, Hill's explosiveness got him past the back side DE (#56) - who showed good hip flexibility - check this guy out). Hill also showed his fluidity in planting and cutting like a RB.

1st and 10) Washington, T. pass intercepted by Minnifield,C at the VA40, Minnifield,C return 0 yards to the VA40 (Hill, S.).

Hill lined up wide, between the numbers and the side line and ran a simple fly route down the side line.

Minnifield intercepted the ball 33 yards downfield, just outside the numbers.
It was just a poorly thrown ball by the QB.
The ball needed to be at most 3 yards from the sideline (instead of 7 yards as it was.)

Minnifield was in phase with Hill; it would have been interesting with a good pass here.

Side Note:

Minnifield looked pretty good (nice deep backpedal), smooth turns.
Good awareness in both run support and coverage.
But it's only a game (I've seen some the previous year - I've had him on my radar ever since.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote