Thread: Stephen Hill
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012   #143
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Stephen Hill

The next play occured about 12 sec before the half:

(3rd and 10) Washington, T. pass incomplete to Hill, S.

QB missed the wide open receiver badly to the inside.

Either NC St. were in inverted cover 2 (CBs pkayed deep, safeties played underneath) or both safeties bought the play fake big time.

Hill ran a great post route.

Just remember all the 2-man route I had talked about last year or the Galloway 63-yd catch.

Hill split wide (outside the numbers); CB played 8 yds off.
He stemmed outside (faking a go route) to open up the CB to gain seperation as he (Hill) turned back to the inside.

The CB had depth (invert cover 2 and playing off the LOS) but he couldn't manage the width. Hill was a good 2-3 yards away from the CB.

- Announcer "How can you not have some one back (there) helping on the inside. There's no way the coaching staff drew a defensive coverage up like that. You can't get any more open than that on a post route. You've got to have a safety in the middle of the field and they have nobody."

With a speedy guy like Hill, the safety ought to have good speed and anticipation as when to drop back; otherwise, he wouldn't be able to help in invert-cover 2.

Through 5 games, I noticed only one drop.
We also can see that Hill can run quite a few different routes and he did well running most of those routes.
They weren't simply routes where he blindly run upfield.
The early progonsis after these 5 games are good, to me at least.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote