View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012   #282
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Bengals definitely have a need on the interior line so it fills a need. A bit of a reach because I think he's a 2nd round prospect, but I doubt he would have made it to your 2nd round pick.

I definitely think guys will have the philosophy of drafting for need in this mock because the real draft will be more geared toward that now with the new CBA. It's not as big a deal to reach on a guy anymore because you won't be investing $20-30 mil on him.
I agree. I think teams will do as much as they can in free agency, and then work more to fill holes in the draft regardless of value. It's not nearly as big of a deal now to make a reach or draft a bust, and I really like that setup. Make the rookies earn it, and if they don't then UDFAs like Foster and Brisiel will take their spots.