View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012   #5
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 55012 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shaking Things Up a Little Bit - Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I'm thinking if they cut "Hot Tub Matty," as some believe they will, then QB becomes more of a priority and they will probably pick one up between the 4th and 6th rounds. Don't think they will rely strictly on Keenum as an UFA and just give him the 3rd string spot.
Yeah, I know what you're saying. To be honest I put Case Keenum on my board for the same reason a lot of people do and that's because he's not only talented (which doesn't always translate well to the NFL), but also, man, it would be cool to have a UH legend in a Texans uniform.

I'm serious about drafting him though, although a whole lot of how the Texans draft a QB, if they do at all, will be predicated on Schaub's foot. If Schaub is healthy you have to figure that lightning won't strike twice that the Texans will end up losing their starter two years in a row. If it does happen, Yates is a solid backup and we'll never see our 3rd string QB. And if we do? We pull someone off the street or rely on Keenum's superior football knowledge, which has never been suspect for him, regardless of other suspect areas in Keenum's game and/or how he was coached up.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote