Thread: Stephen Hill
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012   #131
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Stephen Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I have often mentioned in PMs during college seasons to Beerlover how much we think alike and how we evaluate players. However, we often disagree. He is all over Hill while Rmartin65 & I are a bit more reluctant. We break down the same way on LSU's Randle btw.

ALso note that ny comment was I've read defenses often disregarded Hill. I have not seen that myself as I did not watch him. I do appreciate the work you put in on film work.
Hill is a long, athletic, thoroughbred WR with good sized soft hands who left GT with 25.47 yards per reception, which would have easily broken the school record, but fell one reception short of qualifying for the record book (minimum 50 receptions) all that following in the footsteps of Calvin Johnson & Demaryius Thomas. Unlike those other two big receivers his specialty is his long speed. But Hill is much more than than just a deep threat, he can block, run route tree & is a team player, not a diva, very rare quality. In this offense paired with Andre Johnson he should continue to haul in big receptions, maybe not that many, but enough to probably led the league in yards per reception. Hard to define a value on that but think the results might just justify the risk.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote