View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Clipper Darrell and The Legal Issues of Super Fandom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Interesting blog. I know several NFL Super Fans that receive monetary gain as their super fan persona and have names that would be similar to:

-Bullpen Ryan
-Texans Ryan

In hindsight, somewhat surprised the teams have never cracked down on them.
I think that smart brands cannot have enough fans, i.e. vested individuals, supporting their team. Authentic supporters of a brand can do more to provide positive advertising than if they bought ads.

Unless a fan is being particularly in their face about using the team commercially, I think they will generally be ok about things.

The future of brand and team fandom in the Web 2.0 world is engagement and identity. They want fans to see themselves as Teamname Guy.