View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012   #14
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout talk on 50 prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Luck had everything going for him: From the running game, the O line, the TEs, the WRs, a defense that ranked 26 overall.

He routinely played against pass defenses that ranked in the 80s and 90s even 100s.

He faced just two pass defenses that ranked in the top 40 (Cal at 37 and ND at 39).

He saw pressure that was minuscule as compared with Keenum.
And he still throw an INT every 40 attempts.
That did not include a couple of sure drops by the DBs and several close ones.

If he plays at the same level, he will average at least 1.25 INTs per game in the NFL (20 over 16 games), probably even more considering he will face better defenses and pressures. One could be looking at some 24-30 INTs over the course of a full year.

More likely than not, his coaches will bring him along the way the Texans protected Yates for a while there.

Yates played better his Sr. year than Luck played last year.
Google it and read up on how different people had talked about him throughout last year.

He was ahead of RG III by a huge margin earlier in the year in the Heismann poil, only to lose it game by game as he started to face better defenses.

Right now, Luck is mostly, if not all POTENTIAL.
He isn't quite ready to be a full-time starter in the NFL yet.

If I was to chose between Luck and Newton in the same draft, it will be a no brainer vote to Newton.

Luck still has a lot to learn to become a good NFL QB.
Agreed

Luck is going to go thru growing pains like every other rookie QB. However I do believe that Luck will end up being a great QB. His WR's were not very good last yr. Other than Owusu they had no WR with speed to stretch the field, making the windows tight for Luck to throw into. Luck did have one of the best OL's protecting him that I've seen in along time.

He didn't lose the Heisman. RG3 won it by having a season for the ages. The defenses didn't get that much tougher as the season went on. Cal and ND weren't vaunted defenses. OK ST. etc... Luck played very well still. It's just RG3 played out of is mind.

Depending on where RG3 is drafted I believe he has a good chance of being a better pro than Luck. Luck is going into his rookie yr with a rookie HC/GM. Who knows if they will be competent at their job?

Meanwhile if RG3 goes to KC,Sea,Mia or even Cleveland I expect him to put up Eli's rookie type numbers and because he's a hard worker have that type of career or better. Even though they are different type players.

With that said I would still take Luck over Cam. Keenum will probably und up being a Detmer type career backup for 10 yrs or so. He will make alot of $$$$.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote