View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012   #35
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grantland: Free Agent Hype Chronicles: Arian Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
To me a late first round pick is almost nothing when you lose a player with Foster's skill set and talent.

You do not let players like him get away. It would be the equivalent of letting Andre go in his mid 20s. They have to lock this guy up and if they can't then they need to franchise tag him where they have a entire year to try to lock him up. Option 3 isn't a option that they should take.
From what someone else told me, I think it was Champion Texan, after tagging Foster we'd only have until July 17th to do a long-term deal. After that, you cannot sign him to a long-term contract until after the last regular season game of 2012. Sucks, huh?