View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RotoWorld Post-Combine Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I see only one hit on that list.

Teams who drafted those last three QB's are where they are because of it, just look how long it took the Texans to overcome reaching for their franchise QB in 2002.
You are right on target here.

This "franchise QB" nonsense makes me sick. I get that a franchise QB is important. But you don't have to take a QB in the 1st just for the sake of taking one.

Does anyone (ANYONE!) actually see a franchise QB in Blaine Gabbert? I seriously doubt it. But instead of spending their 1st round pick on a better player, the Jags wasted the pick on him for the sole reason that they don't have a franchise QB. Even though Gabbert is very unlikely to ever become one.

I understand that the guy has only played one year. You can't call him a bust yet.

If I were a GM I would fix my other issues first before I risked it all on a QB. Now if a guy falls to you and you like him, you snatch him up with no hesitation. But you don't sell your whole draft for a guy unless you are sure of him, no matter what position he plays.

I thought it was hilarious how everybody crucified the Falcons for trading up for Julio Jones (a reach but a damn fine compliment to White) but nobody thinks it is a problem to take a 2nd/3rd round prospect at #10 simply because he is a QB.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote