View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout talk on 50 prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
what do you think about the negative criticism Keenum is getting for his combine performance?
At the combine, as I understand, the press is able to watch televised portions of the drill.

If that's the case, then it would be totally different than watching him in person, on the field.

Now, on some drills, as I watched it, they were supposed to be for the receivers, not for the QBs.

They might want to see how the receiver adjust to the ball and tell the QB to throw the ball short, or whatever.

There might also be the case where some of the press mistook Keenum with another QB who wore #7 (Keenum wore a different number at the combine- the other was just a "thrower").

Now if you hear it from a real NFL scout, it would have been different.

Take for example, a piece in the Sporting News, when they preclude their article with "One of the big knocks on Keenum is his lack of arm strength", you can ditch the article right there as I've said I've seen Keenum throw farther than Schaub.

Just let the process play out with the QB camp with Gruden and his pro-day news.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote