Thread: Stephen Hill
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012   #113
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Stephen Hill

Week 3 vs. Kansas
(I did watch this game; there wasn't much passing, but we can learn a lot about Hill's blocking skills and how he went hard at his routes - unlike Meachem for the Saints.)

The Yellow Jackets running game was in high gear as they ran 50 times for 604 yards.
Washington (the QB) attempted only 7 passes.

Hill caught a short one for 4 yards without much chance to advance the ball.

He did a good job blocking and ran his routes hard even when the ball went the opposite way.

He took out the CB completely on 3 long running plays toward his side, and he did a pretty good job on several intermediate runs 15-25 yards.
No, he didn't win every blocking assignment, but not for lack of trying.

Overall, the Yellow Jackets' receivers worked hard at their blocking (it's very likely a requirement for them to stay on the field.)
Hill probably did the best job out there on this day (among the receivers on blocking assignments.)
I only use the term "probably" as not to slight the effort of the other guys, but there was no denying Hill's dominance on his defender.

And he was eager to congratulate his teammates on their success (including TDs).
I like his attitude.

What I can appreciate is when a guy still runs his routes hard even when he knows the ball isn't coming his way.
It's good work habit, and it makes the CB/safety work hard just the same.
It keeps them on their heels, and it helps the running game tremendously.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote