View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012   #22
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grantland: Free Agent Hype Chronicles: Arian Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
If Arian Foster gets away, I'm all for giving up our #26, the first round pick we get in exchange for Foster leaving Houston, and maybe even next year's first round pick (and our 3rd rounder this year) for the #2 spot and grab RG3.

Because if we're going to lose our franchise RB, the guy whom I think is what makes this offense "go" no matter who is QB, then I want an Arian Foster-type FREAKAZOID at the QB position who can beat teams throwing or running, pick your poison.

But if we lose Foster and just ho-hum along as if we're fine, then Yates nor Lisfranc Schaub is going to do jack squat with a depleted and aging AJ and a few welterweights for WR2 and WR3. Period.

RG3 should be the plan if a team steals Foster form us. You're already drafting #26 anyways, so it's basically an early 2nd round pick as far as I am concerned. And we would have lost our playmaker in Foster, but we got an extra first rounder for him...so parlay those picks and maybe another first in 2013 and maybe a 3rd somewhere in either 2012 or 2013 and just stun the world and send a big EFF YOU! to the NFL nation--Oh, you thought we would just curl up and die when Foster left? We zombie, bro. We just. Keep. Going.
I don't know about that. If RG3 becomes a generational player that carries your team to multiple superbowls then yes, this becomes an ideal scenario. I just don't know because along with losing AF, you're also giving up some good draft picks that you could use to build around him.

That being said, if it was Andrew Luck, I'd probably say go for it. No disrespect to RG3, but I just like Andrew Luck way more as a prospect, and he's not going to be in play unless the Colts go all Matt Millen on us.