View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout talk on 50 prospects

At least I know I'm not crazy when I put both Luck and RG III below Keenum in term of QB prowess.

Both of these guys need to learn how to play the postition better.

I kid you not, Yates played the position better than Luck (but one was a Sr. and one was a Jr) their last year in college (in pretty much the same WCO).

The way RG III ran around in college, he will get hurt in the NFL.
The NFL coaches should be smart about it (one hopes).

They need to learn to read coverage better; they need to locate the open receiver sooner (1/8 of a second makes a big difference in the NFL.)

Let's say, for example, if RG III (who ran a very similar system that Keenum did) was able to do the things Keenum did; he would have blown away all the passing records just the same and still managed to make all those plays with his legs.

Both of these guys are much much better athletes than Keenum, but they aren't on the same level of QBacking - at least not yet.

And as I've said, they both seem to be pretty smart.
It's just a matter of whether they can put it all together or not.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote