View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mocking Madness - of just a little try by a german guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I'm not going to disagree with you there. But there is a track record for guys who are taken really high only because of their athleticism, with no on field production to back it up. And that track record isn't good at all.

It's true that poor coaching can have an effect on players. Hell, we've seen it here. But it's also true that if a guy is an absolutely phenomenal talent, he can usually be a productive player regardless of coaching. Especially when you consider that the level of competition he was playing against isn't even in his league.

Think about it. Poe is probably 35-40 lbs bigger than anybody that ever tried to block him. But not only that, he is twice as strong, twice as quick, and twice as fast as the best lineman he has ever faced. In that situation, coaching shouldn't be too big of a detriment.

I'm not saying that Poe will absolutely, 100% be a bust. But I am predicting it. People seem to think that there is a correlation between 40 times, bench press, and football ability. But there isn't.
Poe will be as big, as strong and as fast as almost anyone he faces in NFL. In Wade's defense he should excell especially with his strength and speed against NFL centers and OGs. All he has to do is clog middle and he can do that better than Cody.