View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012   #26
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: La Canfora: Texans on the rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Something Ive pointed out here on TT a dozen times or more ..... They cankeep MW , Foster , Myers & Briesel with some creative structuring of contracts pushing money into the 2013 & 2014 seasons when the cap is expected to escalate considerably. Its reported the 2013 capcould beas much as $180m .... And teams must spend 90% of the cap figure.

The bold tells me a bunch of marginal players are going to get a whole lot more money than they are worth .... No reason not to structure deals for the Texans FA's as well as restructuring current contracts to absorb some of that must spend space in those cap years , especially those that are key pieces to the machine.
If done properly they will still have plenty of cap space to resign the important pieces in next years FA crop which includes Connor Barwin , Shaun Cody , Bryan Braman , Duane Brown , Rashad Butler , Antoine Caldwell , James Casey , Brice McCain , Jesse Nading , Troy Nolan , Glover Quin & Matt Schaub.

If you think this season is rough for the Texans as far as FA goes ....Just take a look at that list for next season again ....
I really don't understand the cap very well so just take my comments with a grain of salt...

The cap may be jumping but standard market value will also jump for these players. The FA market will be even more competitive especially now that teams are forced to spend. It's stupid how much its going to jump. It serves no real purpose at this point other than to ensure the all Morlon Greenwoods are making 2x-3x the money. I really don't get this move on the owner's part? I believe there will be even more parity than ever. In other words, it's gonna cost the owners to put together substandard football teams.