View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012   #172
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The New Texans Defense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I get what you're saying, but comparing Mario to DeMarcus Ware as a OLB is complete fail.
Mario's skill set is different that Ware's.
Ware is way more fluid, has better change of direction, and is probably both quicker, and faster than Mario. Ware is a much more natural fit at OLB, which is kinda my point. Ware is also relentless, which is not a word I've ever heard associated with Mario.
Williams has been snake bit with nagging injurys since he was drafted #1 overall by the Texans, but if you compare their combine measureables they are closer than one might expect based off "reputation". The key difference is Mario is much bigger @ 6'7" 291. DeMarcus Ware was 6'4" 251 @ his combine. Mario was forty pounds heavier, yet ran a 4.66 forty compared to Wares 4.53. While Mario lifted 35 reps @ 225 Ware benched 27. Both broad jumped 10 feet which measures explosiveness along with vertical over 40" for Mario (are you kidding me) compared to DeMarcus 38.5".

Ware also had Wade Phillips as his defensive coach, now its Mario's turn.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote